What is step cleaner in textile?
Step Cleaner in the textile industry is the common machine of blow room which used to open and clean by opposite spike action; remove heavy impurities and make smaller tuff cotton.
Step cleaner or ultra cleaner or super cleaner machine is one of the most important machines which are significantly used in blow room section of spinning industry. This major beating type of machine is used for opening and cleaning the impurities from the cotton tuft.
Basic Action of Step Cleaner:
- The action of the beater.
- The action of opposite spikes.
- The action of air current.
Objects of Step Cleaner:
- To open & clean cotton tuft by opposite spikes and beating action
- To open the lumps of cotton into small pieces.
- To clear the cotton suitable for processing to the next machine.
- To remove heavy impurities such as leaves, and sand, without damaging the fiber.
- To convert or make the cotton tuft to the small size of cotton fiber.
- Beating Type: Major beater M/C [Beater, Opening & Cleaning]
- Courser Cleaner
- Fine Tuff Size
- 30-40% cleaning
- 6 beater or cylinder
- 450 Upward Machine Position
- Impurities pass over between two grid bar
- Blade or Flat grid bar used
Working principle of Step Cleaner Machine:
Cotton is feed from the reserve tower by a pair of feed rollers. Later it passes to the first beater. From there it is transported upwards by the six (sometimes 4) beater rollers, each carrying profiled bars, the beaters arranged on a line inclined upwards at 450. As you can see in the diagram.
The trashes are extracted with the help of opposite spikes and beating functions. It pulls the trashes and falls into the chamber through the grid bars hole. Cotton tuft opens and makes small size tuft with beating action. A baffle plate is in the middle of two beaters, and it controls the flow of material.
Elimination of impurities occurs during the continual passage of the material over the girds arranged under the
beaters. The grids are continuously adjustable and usually also the beater speed.
How to increase beating action in step cleaner?
– By increasing beater speed
– Increase grid bar
– Increase grid bar angle -150 (Max), 00, – 150
|No of beater||6|
|No. of grid bar||5 sets|
|No. of grid bar in every set||20 – 25|
|Production /hour||750 – 900 Kg.|
|Cleaning Ability||High, applicable for all grades of cotton.|
|Beater to grid bar||1.75 inches|
|Beater to beater||5 inch|
|Speed||450 to 800 RPM.|
Step Cleaner Machine Parameter
|Output Deliver||800 kg/ per hour|
|No of Cylinder / Beater||6|
|Speed of Cylinder/ Beater Speed||462, 510, 562, 655, 722 RPM|
|Grid Bar Type||Blade or Flat Type|
|Number of Grid Bar||1,2,3 Cylinder 31 Set|
4, 5 Cylinder 33 Set
|Grid bar angle||+150 to – 150|
|Grid Bar to Spike Setting||Fixed|
Reference: Lecture of Padma Kishore Dey