For any Hijab, fabric or materials matter the most. Any fabric or material suitable for the Hijab creates an impression of elegance. As the Hijab is a genuine symbol of gracefulness and modesty, the hijab material or fabric must be comfortable enough to hold both religious and cultural importance.
Table of Contents
Different Types of Hijab Material
Hijab materials as a part of different materials and textures can provide a different look to the hijab of the same shade. Here are the different types of hijab materials names, best fabric for hijab given in the following:
1. Wool Hijab Fabric – Pashmina
Pashmina hijab is another hijab type of wool hijab fabric with a distinct look and elegance. It is wearable for any party, formal wear, or casual wear. For the summer season, Pashmina, the wool hijab fabric can be a little bit hot but for other seasons, they work superbly.
2. Chiffon Hijab Fabric – Chiffon Hijab
Chiffon fabric hijab is another hijab-type fabric that is most commonly seen. Due to its lightweight feature, Chiffon as a fabric makes a great deal for summer weather. It is easy to drape and lends itself to a good layer of draping in colder months. Since chiffon is a bit smooth in nature, it is well recommended to use any scarf under the hijab to avoid slipping.
3. Cotton hijab Fabric
Cotton hijab fabric is a natural fiber-made product that is both soft and fluffy as a material. For everyday garments, the cotton fabric hijab creates a soft, durable fabric in printed and solid-colored designs.
4. Crêpe Hijab Fabric
Crepe hijab fabric is well made of silk, wool, and synthetic materials. It has a wrinkled and bumpy appearance that depicts the light to medium-weight fabric.
5. Georgette Hijab fabric
Georgette fabric hijab itself is a hijab-type of crepe fabric. It is a well-made fabric made from pure silk and synthetic fibers-rayon, polyester, and viscose. Crepe georgette is woven in nature as there is a use of tightly twisted yarn and a slight crinkle effect.
However, georgette as a hijab fabric is sheer, lightweight, dull, and matte finish. One thing that is important to keep in mind is that georgette fabrics are mostly available in solid color mostly, but also in printed and colorful floral prints.
6. Jersey Hijab Fabric
Jersey fabric for hijab is a pretty beloved fabric that requires easy wrapping and no pins. Features of the jersey are softness, stretchiness, and comfort. Besides, Jersey, a synthetic polyester fabric, requires both ease and comfort. This ‘go anywhere’ hijab does not require any scarf under it either.
Benefits of Jersey Hijab Fabric
Jersey hijab fabric is one of the most comfortable fabrics of all available in the market. Jersey itself is a synthetic fabric made from polyester. This hijab material is stretchable, lightweight, and comfortable. They are beloved among working women due to their softness and staying in one place without any pins. Premium jersey hijabs are made of viscose and lycra.
Here is the list of benefits that are worth mentioning. They are:
- Jersey hijab fabric remains in shape without any pin.
- Perfect for any kind of season, especially it works well in warmer climates.
- This fabric absorbs sweat easily.
- Durable to protect in the winter season.
- Super stretchable and easy to wear.
- Does not wrinkle so easily.
- Easy to maintain them (Hand wash or machine wash only).
7. Knitted Fabrics
Knitted fabrics among other fabric hijab types, can stretch well. All because of the fact that fibers are looped, not woven together. There are knitted fabrics that are elastic depending on the type of fabric. These fabrics also come in different patterns.
8. Lace Hijab Fabric
Lace hijab fabric is one of the most elegant and versatile hijab types. They are suitable to wear for any casual occasion and the summer season. Neither do they require many pins to hold the grip nor they are difficult to style. Most of the lace hijab fabric is made of bubble chiffon which has an amazing grip which means, it does not slip off easily. Besides, it is also important that the chiffon hijab helps you to get rid of the irritated scalp. Cause, scalp irritation somehow leads to hair damage.
9. Linen Hijab Fabric
Linen hijab fabric is mostly a soft woven and viscose material. It features a chic crinkled texture where the fabric remains in a lightweight mode. With minimal effort, it is preferable to style this linen hijab keeping enough space to airy flow. For everyday wear, they are suitable for any style.
10. Modal Hijab Fabric
Modal fabric for hijab is mostly cotton-made. They are soft and breathable fabrics to wear in any hot or humid weather. Usually, modal hijab fabrics are available in classic shades, in jewel tones with better religious and cultural traditional features in style.
Polyester is another hijab material names that is easy to maintain fabric and a common sight for the wearer. Due to its suitableness for casual occasions, polyester is also a part of the special occasion hijab. It is also better to opt for a combined form of hijab of polyester and georgette. Also, polyester is also comfortable, and its demand does not go away due to its soft feel and shrinkage. Although polyester has a wrinkle-free texture, it is not preferable to wear in hot or humid climates.
Satin hijab fabric is both smooth and shiny with a liquid-natured drape. These hijabs are perfect wear for any formal look that requires a little extra special attention. Usually, satin hijabs remain in medium weight with fiber made of polyester. Due to the lovely sheen, the Satin hijab provides simple jeans and a sweater-like outfit. For any party or event (formal or informal), satin hijabs come of great use. Satin is smooth and slippery. It is always recommended to use an under scarf as well as a hijab magnet to secure the hijab in place.
Silk hijab fabric comes in a variety of colors and patterns. Silk fabric provides an elegant look to any hijab with shine and print. Although it looks like a work of art, the silk hijab fabric is well-combined with lacework. Also, the hijab material provides a royal and comfortable feel.
The thing that distinguishes velvet hijab fabric from other ones is the comfort, premium fabric type, sheer feature, and luxurious experience. Velvet as a hijab fabric does not slip away nor does it require any pins to stay. It features a complete opacity.
Viscose fabric hijab is a semi-synthetic type, made of rayon fabric. It can be used as a silk substitute with a similar drape, smooth feel, and luxury material. Because of its appealing features, viscose fabric is used for any hijab, dress, or upholstery items.
Voile hijab fabric is made of cotton voile, a natural fabric. It has features of lightweight and breathable nature. For any hijabi, they are a must-have choice!
Denim as a hijab fabric usually represents the chiffon hijab is not see-through as a material. Denim is not slippery as well. Rather, they are adjustable and slightly stretchable to wear all day long.
18. Cotton Gauze Fabric
Cotton gauze fabric is a choice able wear for the summer season as it makes a great hijab fabric type. Due to its lightweight, airy, and comfortable features, they go well with everything. An everyday hijab fabric material that suits all.
Shimmer hijab fabrics are a go-to style for parties or formal occasions. They are great to wear with a gown or any party wear. Also, the maxi dress is preferable to wear with this shimmer hijab for any special occasion. Moreover, they are both comfortable, trendy, and soft to wear for any season.
Ladies who love sports often want hijab material that is high-quality, breathable, and lightweight in nature. Activewear, the workout hijab works the same as a professional asset for workouts in gyms.
For Muslim women, the Hijab is the crown and identity. Although it is a simple headscarf that covers the woman’s head, it represents the most visible signs of having Muslim faith. There are five different hijab materials, including Chiffon, Jersey, Polyester, Rayon, and Silk. No matter which type of hijab material type you choose, you can always make a hijab out of fabrics. Here are some possible ways to make a hijab out of fabric.
● Way 01: Square-Shaped Hijab
Just take any hijab fabric piece (45 inches wide as well as long) and cut it into a square piece. After that, finish the fabric edges with any of the fabric edges. A scalloped edge would be a great way to complete the hijab edges.
● Way 02: Triangular Hijab
When a square hijab gets folded diagonally by the center, it makes a triangle shape. A triangular head scarf requires fabric in a triangle with 30 inches of sides. Roll those edges using a double hem at one-fourth inches.
● Way 03: Shayla Hijab
Shayla Hijab is a shawl, available in rectangular and long pieces. It is wrapped around the head and neck. Also, it can be pinned to the shoulder of any dress. This hijab can be cut down to any size as long as you want.
Which Hijab Fabric is best?
It is difficult to decide exactly which specific hijab fabric is best. Rather, it is always suitable to find a bunch of popular hijab fabrics to discuss as hijab company brings a large category of different fabric type of hijab. Here is the list of the Five Best fabrics for hijab:
1. Jersey: Jersey hijab fabric, being a trending hijab fabric in the Middle East, is popular among working women and housewives. Due to its stretchable, comfortable, and easy-to-wear benefits, Jersey fabric is the best one.
2. Polyester: Polyester is another hijab fabric type that is easy to maintain and available for casual occasions.
3. Rayon: Rayon, an all-weather ally hijab fabric, is suitable for you irrespective of any weather you belong to. The preferable look of this hijab material provides a casual look that you can get to style multiple times each time with a unique look.
4. Silk: Silk hijab fabric comes in various colors and patterns to give a look of elegance to the wearer.
5. Chiffon: Chiffon hijab fabric is the most commonly used fabric as it is comfortable and charming. With a mixture of cotton, silk, and synthetic, chiffon hijab fabric provides all those comforts and a graceful look whenever it gets draped.
Which Hijab material is best for Summer and Winter?
Choosing hijab material based on the season is another great way to know different varieties of hijab materials and hijab fabric types. Where summer-friendly hijabs are easy to access, the hijab fabric for the winter season is not that much accessible on the internet. That is why, we have brought you a list of fabrics for hijabs that you will choose over and over again for both the summer and winter seasons.
Best Hijab Material for Summer
– Covers the head.
– Absorbs Sweat
– Absorbs Heat
Preferred Hijab Material:
- Jersey: Jersey is a stretchable, lightweight, and comfortable material for hijab wear.
- Linen: It is biodegradable, stylish, and moth-resistant hijab fabric.
- Cotton: Cotton is a soft, light, breathable, and high-quality fabric.
- Georgette: A type of crepe fabric made of pure silk is Georgette.
- Rayon: A perfect hijab fabric that is irrespective of the climate.
Hijab Materials to Avoid:
- Polyester: A fabric that is easy to maintain and suitable for casual occasions.
- Silk: Silk leads to sweating.
Best Hijab Material for Winter
- Breathable and Comfortable
Hijab Material to Wear:
- Jersey Hijab: Jersey hijab fabric can be both soft and stretchy. It is comfortable to wear for workouts, and weekends.
- Crepe Cotton: Crepe cotton is a mixture of cotton and crepe that has a slight resemblance to jersey fabric.
- Khesha: Khesha is light in weight material that provides soft linen-like advantages while wearing.
- Pashmina: Pashmina gives a look of elegance in the winter season.
- Viscose: Viscose hardly gives you a stuffy feeling. Rather, it is lightweight and warm to wear in winter.
- Knit Fabric: Knits are always winter-friendly hijab wear. It stretches nicely and gives warmth while wrapping around your head.
- Mulberry: This hijab material is good for all seasons and comfortable to wear in cold weather.
- Denim Jean Jersey: Jeans material hijab that never gets old in the fashion. It features stretchability and lightweight features to wear in cold weather.