Wearable fashion technology is one of the fashion industry’s hottest trends. IoT, or the Internet of Things, is quickly becoming a part of our everyday lives, and wearable devices are at the forefront of this trend. Let’s learn about it.
Table of Contents
What is Wearable Technology?
Wearable technology, also known as “wearables,” are digital devices worn on the body. It includes fitness trackers, smartwatches, and even clothing with built-in sensor technology.
Most wearable fashion devices are equipped with sensors that collect data about the user’s activity level, heart rate, and more. This data is then transmitted to a companion app or website where it can be analyzed and used to improve the user’s health and fitness.
Wearable technology is still in its early stages, but it has the potential to revolutionize the way we live and work. For example, imagine a future where your clothes could monitor your health and send alerts to your doctor if something was wrong. Or what if your glasses couldautomatically adjust their prescription based on your needs? The possibilities are endless.
Wearable technology is becoming increasingly popular, especially in the fashion industry. Many designers are now incorporating IoT, or the Internet of Things, into their garments and accessories. This allows the wearer to connect to the Internet and perform various tasks, such as checking the time, tracking fitness goals, or even making payments.
Types of Wearable Fashion Technology
There are many types of wearable fashion technology devices on the market, from fitness trackers to smartwatches, and each has its unique set of features. But one thing that all these devices have in common is that they’re connected to the Internet, which allows them to communicate with other devices and share data. This connectivity is what makes wearable devices so worthwhile.
For example, a fitness tracker can not only track your steps and heart rate but can also send this data to your smartphone or computer, where you can view it and analyze it. But the potential of wearable devices goes far beyond just fitness tracking. These devices can also be used for payment, security, and more. And as the technology continues to evolve, we can expect to see even more innovative and valuable applications for these devices.
Here are 6 new trends in wearable technology that you should keep an eye on:
One of the most popular wearable devices on the market today is the smartwatch. These devices are essentially mini-computers that you wear on your wrist, and they offer a variety of features, including the ability to track your fitness, receive notifications, and even make
2. Smart ring:
People are so much busier today. By handling everything together, they put credit cards, calls, and so on. Eventually, the ring but the smart ring that the upcoming wearable technology, which comes up with an NFC module to connect all the time to the hand device to use it conveniently even in payment, tracking, and so forth.
3. Smart belt:
A smart belt is not just fashionable wear. It also helps us to protect ourselves from uncertain risks. It has an advanced algorithm to get an alert from any unsteady gait. People will get attention before falling from the pace.
4. Gaming armbands:
VR technology has already taken gaming to the next level of experience, but the gaming armbands will ensure gamers control the gaming aspects with their hands. The sensor will detect the arm, muscle, and finger and replicate them in the virtual character. This technology will give us an ultra-level of gaming experience.
5. Smart clothing:
Clothes make people attractive, but one will be shocked that even cloth can measure the temperature of the body, can track heart rate, respiratory system, and so forth. Fortunately, smart clothing will ensure beyond them.
6. Smart Jewelry:
Smart Jewelry is not just an ornament. Besides beautification, smart Jewelry can be used in many different ways, such as pendants, neckless, and even a bracelet with so many different designs. Smart Jewelry also will ensure the stress level and notify the recommendation through mobile.
12 Different types of wearable technology
- Smart Clothing with Embedded Sensors: Experience the future of fashion with textiles featuring embedded sensors that monitor body temperature, movement, and more for personalized comfort.
- Connected Apparel for Fitness: Elevate your workout routine with fitness wearables seamlessly integrated into textiles, offering real-time performance tracking and analysis.
- E-Textiles with LED Integration: Illuminate your style with textiles incorporating LED technology, allowing for customizable and dynamic lighting patterns in your clothing.
- Wearable Tech for Health Monitoring: Textiles with built-in health monitoring capabilities provide a discreet yet powerful solution for tracking vital signs and overall well-being.
- Interactive Fabrics with Touch Sensors: Explore the tactile side of technology with fabrics equipped with touch sensors, enabling gesture-based interactions for a truly immersive experience.
- Thermoregulating Smart Fabrics: Stay comfortable in any climate with textiles that adapt to your body temperature, providing optimal warmth or cooling as needed.
- Textile-Based Wearable Displays: Step into the future with textiles featuring flexible displays, turning your clothing into a canvas for dynamic visuals and information.
- Wearable Tech for Safety: Industrial and outdoor enthusiasts can benefit from textiles with integrated safety features, such as built-in GPS, emergency alerts, and visibility-enhancing elements.
- Sound-Responsive Textiles: Immerse yourself in a symphony of style with textiles that respond to sound, changing patterns or colors in sync with your surroundings.
- Fashionable Wearable Accessories: From scarves to gloves, textiles are evolving into fashionable accessories with smart functionalities, such as notifications or gesture-controlled interactions.
- Wearable Charging Textiles: Keep your devices powered on the go with textiles that harness energy from your movements, offering a sustainable solution for charging your electronic gadgets.
- Smart Textiles for Augmented Reality: Experience the future of augmented reality with textiles that seamlessly integrate AR components, offering a novel and immersive digital experience.
New Wearable Fashion Technology:
The age we belong to is not just connecting with a small network but connected with a vast aura around the globe. Nowadays, we aren’t using intelligent devices to type, shop, or compute; also, we use them to track our fitness, secure our privacy, save time, and so many advanced conveniences.
Wearable technology in the fashion industry expresses the connection of all devices on a network via a wireless or wired connection. It ensured new revenue streams, and greater efficiency, also changing the way of business. Even now, it is easy to make things more intelligent and artificial. IoT helps us to blend the physical world into a vast convenience room. This object will clarify more about the upcoming wearable technology in IoT in further discussions.
Since the world is moving too fast, people are also inventing advanced technology. Smart textile products such as intelligent belts, bright clothing, gaming armbands, smart glasses, innovative Jewelry, and so forth are the upcoming wearable technologies in IoT. These upcoming wearables will bring a new digitalized and connected economy.
Benifits of wearable technology
There are many benefits to using wearable technology. For example, it can help people stay connected and productive while on the go. It can also monitor health data and provide valuable insights into fitness and wellness. Additionally, wearable devices can provide safety and security, tracking locations or sending emergency alerts.
Disadvantages of wearable technology
Despite these advantages, there are some potential risks associated with wearables. For instance, they can be hacked or used to collect data without the user’s knowledge. Additionally, some people may find them intrusive or uncomfortable to wear. Overall, wearable technology is a growing trend with many potential benefits. As more designers create garments and accessories with built-in sensor technology, we will likely see even more innovative and valuable applications for this technology.
The future will be thought-provoking with the IoT, making things more accessible and evolving. People will think and rethink futuristic inventions through IoT. It will make life convenient so people wouldn’t be thinking about it.
The upcoming wearable technologies are not bounded by these examples. It has a vast world to make something advanced technology to make people convenient. The future of IoT is undoubtedly infinite. Now, it is just a matter of time to experience them individually.
Mahedi Hasan, is a Textile Engineer, as well as a Top Rated content writer at Upwork, Level 02 Seller at Fiverr, Level 02 Publisher at Ezoic. A passionate textile ad fashion content writer, fashion SEO expert, and fashion web designer. Having a B.Sc. in Textile Engineering Degree from Textile Engineering College, Noakhali (TECN). Department is Apparel Engineering. Highly Experienced fashion writer for the last 3+ years. Have extensive 7 years of experience on wholesale clothing business.