Post Graduate Diploma in Garments PGD-GB circular has been published by IBA. Institute of Business Administration, University of Dhaka.
- Freshers CAN APPLY this Time (Full time)
- Executives need 3 yr of experience.
- Free of cost rather than chances of allowances.
- Class schedule: Hectic, Weekends or Evening of weekdays. ( depends solely on faculties)
Online if covid persists, Otherwise chances are there for offline Classes.
- Exam type: written(MCQ) + Viva
- Duration: 9 months, 3 modules 3 months each
Those who did PGD under SEIP already, aren’t eligible.
BACKGROUND OF THE PROGRAM
Bangladesh has achieved notable success in many socio-economic areas. Today, We are moving towards a higher growth trajectory. The RMG industry is one of the largest contributors in that run. Despite being the largest exporter and one of the largest employers in the country, this sector is struggling to achieve its full potential due to an acute skill shortage in mid to top-level managers.
To achieve the target of RMG exports, the Bangladesh Government has taken initiatives to produce a pool of skilled managers. To make this initiative successful, the IBA.
The University of Dhaka with support from the Ministry of Finance, Government of Bangladesh, is offering a Post Graduate Diploma in Garment Business (PGD-GB).
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
To produce world-class managers for Garment Industry who will be able to incorporate industry best practices and be change agents.
There will be three modules in the program Each module will be 3 months long. The first module will give the
knowledge of basic management subjects focusing on the functional areas of business.
The second module will be industry attachment. In the 3rd module, the textile industry, and trade-related subjects will be taught by textile industry experts. Classes will take place on weekends and/or in the evening of the weekdays for part-time (executive) participants.
Classes for full-time (fresh graduates) will take place in the afternoon/evening of the weekdays and/or on the weekends, During the ongoing pandemic period, classes will be held through an online platform. However, if and when the situation permits, classes will be held at the BA premises.
KEY RESOURCE PERSONS
The resource persons for the program comprise faculty members from IBA, the University of Dhaka, and older reputed universities. Leading and renowned practitioners from the textile industry will also conduct sessions on business and textile industry-related subjects.
APPLICANT’S ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any field of education with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 out of 4.0 or it’s equivalent for class/ division system.
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 out of 5.00 in both SSC and HSC examinations or equivalent for class/ division
- Candidates having a diploma in lien of HSC need to contact IBA for equivalence.
- For all foreign degrees, equivalence will be determined by the IBA Equivalence Committee (Without such
equivalence, applicants are not eligible to sit for the admission test).
- For executives, minimum of 3 years of work experience in the RMG sector is required.
- For fresh graduates, no experience in the RMG sector is required.
- The candidate’s age shall not exceed 50 years as of December 31, 2022.
N.B: Those who were enrolled in any PGD program under SIP before are not eligible to apply to this program.
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria should apply online using the prescribed application form by Tuesday, March 8, 2022.
Application Link: http://iba-scip.registrationd.com/
The test consists of two components:
a) Written Test
The applicant must obtain a minimum qualifying score to pass the written test to appear before the interview board. The final selection will be based on their performance in all the components,
PGD-GB Program Office
For application and other information please contact:
Institute of Business Administration
University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000
- Tel: +88-0244610506
- Cell: +8801726417629
- Email: email@example.com
Others PGD Program You can apply in the future: