The textile testing machine is one of the crucial machines in the textile industry. It is troublesome to not know how much stress a particular type of fabric can endure before it starts showing signs of distress will cause a lot of backlash for business owners. That is because if a fabric with low tensile strength is used to manufacture an item that will be used for heavy duty, then the item will not last long. For such reasons, it is essential to keep the textile testing machine advanced and working.
Modern Textile Testing Equipment.
Textile testing machines have been in the clothing industry since a long while. With the advancement of technology, various upgraded models of previous machineries have been released to the market. The upgraded versions are equipped with more systems which are made to make the testing process more accessible and more detailed. Here are some of the modern versions of the essential textile testing machines that are very useful.
1. Colour Measurement –
A new machine on the market that uses software that helps a company decide which color formula to go with according to the product. This is also known as a spectrophotometer which gathers the color information from the optical properties of the fabric.
The new version of this machine can measure translucent, opaque, and transparent samples. Textured samples can also be measured, and ultraviolet filters can control optical brighteners in textiles.
2. Fiber and Yarn Measurement –
The new fiber and yarn measurement machines allow you to measure the fiber length and strength testing together at once. Then, the mass of the sample is evaluated so that the tenacity can be found.
This instrument is used for testing various kinds of fiber such as wool, cotton, jute, silk, artificial, and others. The modern version can analyze the fiber length measurement and fiber cohesion.
3. Autofil –
The latest innovation is an entirely automated yarn strength tester, and the machine works from 24 positions. The machine has a built-in PC and an integrated automatic cop feeding system. The machine stands out, as it has a compact design, high testing speed, and various versatile applications. It helps to determine the stretchability of yarn, which will identify how it can be used.
Modern Textile Testing Process:
When a textile or fiber is being tested, it goes through a series of steps to determine all the aspects or properties of the sample.
If none of these are done, then it will not differentiate between one sample to the other. In the new generation of textile testing, methods and machines are needed.
- The first method to identify a textile is by taking a sample of the fiber under a microscope to identify the type of textile. The fiber’s cross-section appearance will identify its name and properties.
- The second method is to take sample cuts of the textile and burn them using a candle fire. In this method, each sample’s inflamed odor and ash will tell which sort of textile it belongs to.
- The chemical solubility test comes, where a chemical solution is kept with the sample in a beaker. After a while, the samples are taken out and washed. Once they are dry, they are measured and noted down. A chart is available on the internet, which allows you to understand the type of textile depending on the reaction.
- The air flow method is used to measure fiber fineness. The fiber sample is placed on the machine inside the compression chamber. A reading is going to show up on the machine. This will help to determine if the fiber is fine or coarse.
- A comb sorter is used to determine the length of the fiber. Various fiber samples are taken, and they are classified into length groups. Then there is a detailed process using the comb sorter to tell the lengths of different fiber samples.
The new generation of textile testing machines comes with technology it helps to make the process much easier. With the advancement of technology, every other aspect of life has had the chance to improve, eventually bringing better results to its user. Just like the same, in the case of textile testing, many improvements have arrived. Using all that will make future fabric items much more reliable and cost-effective.
The new generation of textile testing machines has come with new and innovative methods to test fabric. A piece of fabric needs to be recognized and classified into its type so that manufacturers do not confuse it while using it to make upholstery. Technology and machinery have been working side by side because the two go together. In the future, more innovative ideas will be generated, which will make textile testing more manageable and more accurate.
This is Mahedi Hasan, a Textile Engineer, as well as a Top Rated content writer at Upwork, Level 01 Seller at Fiverr, Level 02 Publisher at Ezoic. A passionate textile ad fashion content writer, fashion SEO expert, and fashion web designer. Having a B.Sc. in Textile Engineering from Textile Engineering College, Noakhali (TECN). Department is Apparel Engineering. Highly Experienced fashion writer for the last 3+ yrs. Established Textile Details Website website to enhance professional Fashion Blogging skills. Extensive 7 years of experience on wholesale clothing business.