BACKGROUND OF THE PROGRAM
EDC known Executive Development Centre and BUTEX collaboratively offer a Postgraduate Diploma in Textile Industry Management (PGD TIM) under the Department of IPE, sponsored by The Ministry of Finance, Bangladesh Government, under the Skills for Employment Investment Program (SEIP). The EDC and Bangladesh University of Textiles is inviting application for admission in PGD TIM 2023 of Intake.
3: Batch: 9, 10, 11 & 12 (Total Seats: 140).
OBJECTIVES OF THE PGD TIM PROGRAM
PGD TIM program is designed to create world class textile managers and future leaders for Bangladesh’s textile industry.
PostGraduate in Textile COURSE PLAN
The PGD in Textile Industry Management curriculum of the program is designed based on the identified deficient areas of local executives and managers. It’s included Business Communication English and Public speaking, Business Management, Business Analysis, and so on. From Industrial Engineering, Yarn, Fibre and Spinning, Fabric Manufacturing, Textile Colouration, Wet Processing, Dyeing, Priniting, Finishing, and Apparel production to Washing Technology.
- There will be 44 weeks (10 months) long training program (32 weeks of course work and 12 weeks of internship)
- Class Time: Friday: 10 AM to 1 PM & 3 PM 109 PM
- Saturday: 3 PM to 9 PM
KEY RESOURCE PERSON
Postgraduate Diploma in Textile Industry Management Classes is conducted by academic lecturers and textile industry experts.
PG APPLICANT’S ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The textile and candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with minimum second-class or equivalent CGPA and may apply according to the following categories:
- Category A (Experienced): Executives/Managers working in the textile industry with Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Category B (Fresher): Graduate in Science/Textiles or other branches of Engineering with the excellent academic record.
- Category C (Female Candidates): Female candidates with bachelor’s degrees will get preference in admission.
- Category BTMA: Graduate executives who work in product management and have the potential to be in top management positions in BTMA (Bangladesh Textile Mills Association) member industry will get preference if they apply through BTMA recommendations.
No course fee is required and financial allowances will be provided to the trainees upon the successful completion of the program.
PG Diploma in TIM APPLICATION PROCESS
Two (2) hard copies of the following have to be submitted to the EDC office:
(a) A motivation letter for joining in the PGD in Textile Industry Management.
(b) Copy of all academic certificates and transcripts.
(c) Consent letter in official letter-head pad from the employer
(d) Color photograph (2 Copy)
(e) Copy of NID/ Smart Card;
(f) Signed Application Form
In addition, candidates must have out fill-up online form (https://forms.gl/mpAyRf8UwMgZuaBW6).
Those, who have completed any PGD textile program or short courses/ training of 2 weeks or above within the last year under SEIP are not eligible to apply
Last date of Application
Monday, 09 Jan 2023, 5pm
Friday, 13 Jan 2023, 10 AM-11.30 AM
Written Test Result Publication
Monday, 16 Jan 2023
Saturday, 21 Jan 2023
Final Result Publication
Monday, 23 Jan 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be asked for the written test. Based on the results of the written test on General Math (30 Marks), English (40 Marks) & General Knowledge in Textile Sector (30), candidates will be called to appear in a Viva-Voce for final selection. Relaxation may be allowed to candidates of the BTMA category.
Executive Development Center (EDC),
Room No. 404-A, BUTEX, Tejgaon, Dhaka
Mobile: 01572091823 (Sun-Thurs; 9 am-5 pm)
You May Like: