In the modern world of textile manufacturing, Single Jersey Circular Knitting Machines are a fundamental tool in the textile industry. Single Jersey Circular Knitting M/C, often referred to as S/J M/C, has witnessed significant advancements in recent years, revolutionizing the way we produce high-quality fabrics. These machines produce single-faced fabrics, characterized by a smooth surface on one side and loops on the other. In this article, we’ll show the features of a Single Jersey Circular Knitting Machine with modern single jersey machine.
Features of Single Jersey Circular Knitting Machine
- Only a cylinder is used.
- One set of needles is used.
- Max machine gauge 24/ 60 upto in modern S/J machine.
- The cylinder has cams-Rising & stitch cam.
- Sinker is used / but the dial is not used.
- Vertical needle position.
- Up to 120 feeders are available.
- Machine capacity is high.
- Machine dia of 26”-30”.
- Fiber cut up to 28 is available.
Features of Modern Circular Knitting Machine
- It has a cylindrical needle bed.
- Consist of 3 major sections (yarn supply, knitting element & fabric take down).
- All three types of needles can be used.
- Sinkers and dial for dial are used.
- Needle retaining spring is present.
- Yarn supply from cores situated on overhead bobbins.
- Up to 60 machine gauge is available.
- The positive feed provides 3 different speeds.
- Automatic lubrication system.